The well-received iOS/iPad 14 has a few fixes you can try if your iPhone or iPad seems to be acting oddly. If it needs to be restarted, launch it by rebooting it first. in this article you will be able to learn that How to reset or reboot your iPhone and iPad.
Restart your iPhone or another mobile device
Have problems with your iPad or iPhone? You may need to reboot it if your devices stop responding and you cannot force quit apps. You can restart your iPhone following these steps.
Using Face ID or later, you can reboot your iPhone.
- Keeping your finger on the On/Off button on the right side of the device will turn it off.
- Press the volume buttons on the left side while holding the On/Off button until the power off slider appears.
- You can turn your device off by dragging the slider to the right.
- When you see the Apple logo, press the On/Off button again to turn the device back on.
Restart your iPhone 8 or earlier, as well as your iPod touch
- Hold atop (or side) the top (or side) button until you see the power off slider appear.
- You can now turn your device off by dragging the slider from left to right.
- Hold down the Side (or Top) button until the Apple logo appears again before turning your device back on.
Restarting the iPad Air 4 and iPad Pro:
- Keep holding the Top button for a few seconds.
- Press and hold the volume buttons while you continue to hold the Top button until the power off slider appears.
- The device will turn off when you drag the slider from left to right.
- It would help if you pressed the Top button again to turn your device back on.
Using the Home button to reboot your iPad
- When the power off slider appears on the screen, hold down the device’s Top (or Side) button.
- The device will be shut down when you drag the slider from left to right.
- When you see the Apple logo, hold the Top (or Side) button again until your device turns back on.
Turning off your device by setting it up
You can also follow these steps to turn off your Apple mobile device with iOS 11 or later:
- You can change your iPhone’s settings by tapping on the Settings app.
- Choose General from the list.
- Choose Shut Down from the list.
The iPhone will be reset when you restart your mobile device.
If your mobile device is frozen or black and you cannot restart it with the above steps, you may have to reset it hard. In this situation, the screen won’t go black, and the buttons aren’t responding. Instead, force restarts the computer if you see a black screen or the buttons aren’t working.
Here’s how you can reset your iPhone 8 or later
- Volume Up is pressed and quickly released.
- Volume Down is pressed and quickly released.
- When you see the Apple logo, press and hold the Side button.
What you need to know about resetting your iPod touch and iPhone 7
- Tentatively hold the Side (or Top) and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Releasing the buttons after seeing the Apple logo.
Using Face ID on an iPad, how to reset it
- Volume Up should be pressed and quickly released.
- Volume Down should be pressed and quickly released.
- Hold the volume up and down buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears.
Using the Home button on iPad models, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier will reset the devices.
- You should press and hold both the Side (or Top) button and the Home button for at least 10 seconds.
- It would help if you released the buttons after seeing the Apple logo.