Are you looking for a way to customize the look of your iPhone? Your home screen background is one way. Why don’t you create your app icons if you want to know that How to customize your iPhone’s app icons? then you must read this article.
The built-in Shortcuts app in Apple’s operating system can help you achieve this. In reality, you’ll create shortcuts that lead to the apps, not replace the icons that the apps came with. You won’t get a fully customized iPhone home screen overnight, but you’ll be rewarded after the tedious and time-consuming process.
Here are the steps:
- Choosing the icon for your new shortcut is a good idea before starting. You can find a lot of icon sources online (such as Flaticon) or create your own if you’re artistic. Save the image, whether it belongs to someone else or you.
- We’ll get started now. Locate and click on the Shortcuts app. The App Library is pre-installed; if you don’t see it automatically on your home screen, swipe left until you find it when you reach the App Library. Type “Shortcuts” in the top search bar.
- Tap the “plus” sign in the app’s upper-right corner once you’re inside. Tap on “Add Action” at the top and type the name of your new shortcut.
- It’s a great place to try out lots of interesting features. For now, we’d like to change the icons of our apps. Tap on the “Open App” link after typing “Open App” in the search bar.
- Select “App” from a list of your apps (rather faintly) underneath “Open.” Select the app you wish to customize.
Visit – The 5 most important Android checks
- In the upper right corner, tap on the blue symbol. A shortcut page will appear.
- To add it to the home screen, click “Add to Home Screen.”
- A preview of the shortcut icon will appear now (which is a standard, uninteresting icon that Shortcuts adds automatically). Do not worry, and we will improve it soon.
- Select a photo, choose a photo, or choose a file under “Home Screen Name and Icon.”. You need to have saved the image in Photo first, then tap “Choose Photo” to find it.
- Taking a photo from an existing album will highlight which part of the picture will appear as an icon. You can move the photo around until you’re satisfied with the area highlighted. Tap the “Choose” button at the bottom-right of the screen.
- Your new icon will appear now. By typing the name next to the icon, you can still give your shortcut a name if you haven’t yet done so.
- Ready to go? Tap the Add button at the top right corner.
- The new icon will appear on your home screen. Nice!
- It is possible to see two icons on your home screen: the first boring icon and the wonderful icon. Then select “Delete bookmark” from the drop-down menu, which appears when you hold and press the icon you don’t want. Remember, this is only a bookmark/shortcut – not the original.
- A new icon will only be visible if you hide the original icon. If you do that, you’d be deleting the app itself.
- Select “Edit Home Screen” when you long-press the original app icon to change the home screen.
- By tapping the minus sign, you can reduce the amount. It is not deleted, just hidden; you can always find it in the App Library. You can then tap “Remove from Home Screen.”
Occasionally, you will see a drop-down notice when you use your shortcut to go to the app, telling you what it is called and pointing out that it is a shortcut. There will only be a brief drop-down window, so there shouldn’t be much problem.